Instructions for Eye Drops or Ointment
Please follow your doctor’s orders if they differ from the recommendations below
1. Wash your hands with soap and water.
2. Look toward the ceiling with both eyes open.
3. Pull lower lid down — steady your other hand on your forehead.
4. Put a drop of medicine or small strip of ointment (¼ -inch) in the sac behind the lashes of the lower lid
5. The tip of the dropper or ointment tube should not touch the eyeball
6. Do not apply more than one eye medicine at a time. Wait five minutes between each medicine.
7. If you are prescribed both ointments and drops, use the ointment after the drops.
8. Try to keep your eyes closed for one minute after instilling drops to obtain maximum benefit from medications.
Printer friendly version